Thursday, April 30, 2009

We're Home!

We're home, but I've had 3 hours sleep in the last 36 hours. Rai is doing great and was a real trooper through most of the day. He was overly tired on the plane which made for an incredibly noisy hour of so. Even still, we are thrilled that the 12 hour and 45 minute flight, not counting the one hour standing in line at immigration, is finally over.

Mom, Dad, and Donald met us at the airport wearing the family shirts in Hangul and English characters. I haven't seen the pictures but will post them when I have a little more sleep (hopefully) tomorrow. Rai's internal clock is totally off. He did get a few naps in today, but he was really sleepy by late afternoon. We did take teh advice from several adoptive parents and tried to keep the house well lit. When he got really sleepy, we brought him outside for a good 30 minutes in the front yard. Unfortunately, the tricycle we picked up at the garage sale is too big for him (can't reach the pedals). He's all giggles for the most part, but that doesn't mean he isn't grieving. It just may take a little more time. From bath time to bed time only took one hour, so we're keeping our fingers crossed that he'll have a good night's sleep.

If all goes well tomorrow, I'll have pictures up and a few cute videos. Thank you for all the advice and words of encouragement! Now off to bed...

3 comments:

T said...

I think my parents had to put blocks on my tricycle pedals. Glad ya'll are home and doing well.

Mary said...

I'm so glad you're home!!! I can't wait to see pictures!! I'm so happy for you.

Waiting4OurAngel said...

Welcome Home--can't wait to see pics!