Thursday, April 16, 2009

Medical Update

Very exciting day! I'll make this short! As of April 2nd ...

Gross Motor/Fine Motor:
- open caps (bottle caps, toothpaste cap)
- fit blocks (I assume this is the shape sorter)
- run! Oh my...
- climb while holding (climb stairs?)
- scribble (I'm so glad I picked up those toddler crayons last week!)
- open zipper
- pull off socks

Social-Personal:
- plays ball with examiner
- kicks the ball (hopefully the soccer ball we sent)
- drinks from a cup (sippy cup?)

Says:
- umma (mama in Korean) - specific to foster mother
- appa (dada in Korean) - specific to foster father
- ababa (maybe Rai's version of dada?)
- mamma

Ok, I nearly started tearing up when I read these last two words. We sent two laminated pictures of the two of us and a photo album with Korean/English (sometimes Japanese) names for each family member back in February. Is it possible, they are teaching him to say "dada" for Aaron (or ababa for now) and "mama" for me? Otherwise, why would he say both? Oh please travel call come tomorrow!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you! Sounds like little guy is progressing well. Better invest in some baby gates. I'm hoping you get your call.