Thursday, April 22, 2010

Pictures! (Finally)

Video will be added soon!

Although most of these pictures were taken earlier this month, I wanted to post updated pictures before our next "Mommy-Rai" Day tomorrow. I just went through many of Rai's pictures given to us by Omma/Appa last year and realized that many of the pictures were taken one year ago. I know this time of year must be hard for Omma and Appa, so I hope these pictures will bring smiles to their faces.

Safari Shirt?
Rai LOVES soccer, and with the warmer weather, he LOVES to wear his "soccer shirts." Unfortunately, not every shirt has a soccer ball, so we try to make the other shirts just as exciting. My parents got Rai several safari shirts (with Mickey Mouse), so I tried to make them more appealing by telling Rai we were going on a safari. In other words, I got down all of his stuffed animals (including many I had as a child) from his animal canopy. Here are a few pictures and a video of his adventure!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket



25 pounds but not to big for a carrier!
Although Rai enjoys the freedom of walking, he loves to be held. Earlier this month, he wanted to be held all day long, so we had to get the carrier back out. He didn't mind being strapped to my back while I vacuumed and made dinner, but he's getting a bit heavy!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Zoo Day!
After several fun trips to the zoo in the past year, I decided that it was worth the cost of joining the Dallas Zoo as a member. Unfortunately, it had been so cold that we hadn't visited much this year until this month. With a nice day of sunshine and warm weather, we rode the DART rail (aka choo-choo train) down to the zoo for the morning. Rai walked most of the time but was exhausted after two hours.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This is one of Rai's two soccer shirts.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Eating a BIG lunch!
Photobucket
Rai still loves yogurt!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Rai's first camel ride (although he kept calling her a "horse")



I Play Soccer Ball!
We have had so many funny moments now that Rai is talking in little sentences. He's learning the differences between "me" and "you" as well as "soccer" (the game) and "soccer ball" (the ball itself). His favorite phrase for nearly two weeks was "Daddy play soccer ball?" or "I play soccer ball!" It took a few weeks, but I think he now understands and says "I play soccer!" The other night, he wanted to play and talk Aaron on the way to the game "No, you take a nap. I play soccer." :-)
Photobucket
Practicing soccer with Auntie Amy
Photobucket
Photobucket


Other Pictures
Photobucket


Photobucket

1 comment:

Kim said...

Love it! I can't believe he's only 25 lbs!!! Zoey is 24!