Thursday, February 5, 2009

One baby step closer...

Fingerprinting
At 12:04pm today, we finally received our letter for fingerprinting. YAY! I'm not sure if it was the I600A application (received in December) that they just began processing or the I600 application (with letter explaining or lack of updates since December) that moved things along, but I'm relieved! Hopefully, our fingerprints will be processed quickly so that we can get through his immigration paperwork and meet Rai already! :-)
It did bring a smile to my face to read that an adoptive mom on the Holt Bulletin Board received her I600 approval only 1 1/2 weeks after fingerprinting. She had also submitted their I600 and I600A together, so I'm hoping the efficiency of her USCIS office will rub off on ours! http://www.holtintl.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=91958

Rai's Room Update
Our project for last weekend was the fan for Rai's room. Aaron normally doesn't like to make any decisions, so I picked out a fan that I liked the last time we went to Lowe's. Then we received a Lowe's $10 off coupon, which was definitely a sign. :-) Well, as it turns out, Aaron wasn't impressed with the fan I had picked out and really liked another fan with palm-like blades. As I told our social worker, when Aaron does make a decision, it's hard to talk him out of it. :-) But what really tickled me was the $40 price difference in our picks. For once, Aaron's pick was $40 MORE than mine. haha So we got the palm fan and went home. To make a long story slightly less long, the fan looks great, but the globe is a bit dark and doesn't allow much light to pass through. We just laughed it off and decided that Rai doesn't need to have bright lights after sun-down anyway. It does look good in the room, though.

Biking in Woodbridge
Our neighborhood has several great walking trails, so I dragged Aaron away from his computer on Sunday for a bike ride. Aaron's bike must have felt the same as him because the tire and tube blew out before we approached the end of the block. Luckily, BikeMarts are not only open on Sundays but have double the staff as USCIS (haha), and I had a new tire and tube within an hour. It really was pretty outside. It also got us thinking about how nice it will be to ride as a slightly larger family in a few months.

Updates on other family members
My mom had minor surgery on her sinuses on Wednesday. In the recovery room, I read her the tips and warnings page to keep her awake and nearly feel out of my chair when I got to the following recommendation:

- Avoid being hit in the nose or face

What?! Isn't this a no-brainer of anyone regardless of having surgery? It just so happens that they were referring to being around small children. Ah! It's just another thing you don't think about until you have a child with arms. :-)

No comments: