Wednesday, February 18, 2009

APPROVED I600! APPROVED I600!

WOOHOOOO!!!!!

Rai's I600 (petition to classify us as Rai's legal guardians) was approved Feb. 17th! We even got his legal paperwork back! I am still flustered that there are Dallas-area moms who still are pulling teeth to get their I600 paperwork processed, but I am so glad to hear that things were not nearly as backed up due to the move as we all thought they were. (I hope everyone else's approvals come in soon!)

The next step on the US-side is the NVC (National Visa Center) log in and log out to get Rai's Visa ready! From the Holt Bulletin Board, it looks as though most moms wait a week before they begin calling for a status. In the meantime, our process on the Korea-side is still moving along. Although the expected wait is another 2-3 weeks, many moms have been receiving their approvals 1 week earlier. (It's looking good for a possible Spring Break trip!)

1 comment:

Danielle said...

Hi,
I am a HOlt Korea mom and our i-600 was approved on 3/18/09. How do you contact the national office to hear if it's gone through? Thanks for the help!
Danielle