Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A Trip to the Zoo

Rai stays home from preschool every Wednesday and Friday for "Rai and Mommy Day." Generally, we run errands or talk a walk with my mom, but one slightly less chilly day, we took the DART Rail (our above-ground subway equivalent) to the Dallas Zoo for the day.

Rai stayed bundled up...
Dallas Zoo

... until I got out the snacks.
Dallas Zoo

Dallas Zoo

Dallas Zoo

Dallas Zoo

We were fortunate enough to go the first day the monorail tracks defrosted, so we had beautiful views of the nearly-frozen remote areas of the zoo while still being able to see the animals basking in the sun.
Dallas Zoo

As you can tell, Rai was full of smiles, but I couldn't kneel down to take his picture without him mirroring me. :-)
Dallas Zoo

Dallas Zoo

Needless to say, Rai was more photogenic than the animals!
Dallas Zoo



Dallas Zoo

Dallas Zoo

For those that don't know, I grew up fascinated with snakes. Yes, before my dreams of becoming a broadway actress, I longed to be a herpetologist. (I blame the summer zoology camp my parents thought would help lure me to the sciences. Instead, I sat in front of a Burmese python terrarium trying to find a way the persuade my parents that a snake would make a great pet.) Although I don't want Rai to run around picking up random snakes just yet, I always make it a point to show him how interesting snakes can be. During this trip, he ignored my interests in the Albino Reticulated Python and instead took a liking to the Burmese Python.
Dallas Zoo

Dallas Zoo

Dallas Zoo

Dallas Zoo

Other Pictures
Rai and Aaron enjoyed an afternoon of playing chase. As you can tell, Rai still loves his broom and duster set!
Dallas Zoo

No comments: