Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Package from Omma! (Rai's Foster Mother)

Package from Omma!
When I got home this evening, Aaron showed me a package we received today from Omma. He had read the letter to Rai; although, it sounded like Rai was more interested in the card. I read it to him again and we talked about it a bit. I was such a sweet, heart-felt letter. I will certainly make a copy for his lifebook (to read to him often) and keep the original safely stored for him to have when he's older.

She also sent letters to Aaron, myself, and our parents - all dated November 23, 2009, Rai's 2nd birthday. In addition, we received three beautiful bookmarks and a Korean language book for Aaron. This is the first we have heard from her since our departure last April. We did receive a photo from her last year (of her, Appa, Aaron, Rai, and myself), but words cannot express how wonderful it is to have her thoughts on paper.

Thank you Omma! Kamsa Hamnida 감사합니다 Omma!
(Hopefully, Aaron can correct my hangul.)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

The arrival of these keepsakes has revitalized my search to find someone who can translate (in real-time) a phone conversation in Korean with Omma. Since we have her phone number, we'd like to call her and let Rai hear her voice (and Appa's as well). If you or anyone you know speaks Korean and lives in the Dallas area, please let me know!

Sleepy Boys
We have done our best to maintain low-key weekends this year. Here are pictures of the boys (and Lucy, our cat) catching up on their sleep:
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Gom Se Mari (Three Bears)
It has been at least a month or so since Rai has wanted to watch the Korean Montessori DVD Omma sent home with him. I was a bit relieved since we went months watching (and dancing to) it every day, but I missed the funny dances and intense 30 minute workout. Last weekend, as Aaron and Lucy took a nap, Rai asked for "bears, bears" (referring to the first song "Gom Se Mari" on the DVD), so we danced a bit. It is interesting to see the changes in his behavior as Rai gets older. Rather than the bouncing and stomping of his earlier dance moves, Rai now watches what I'm doing and tries to practice one move at a time. I can tell the next few months will be amusing!
Photobucket

Rai learns to put his hands on his hips and bounce
Photobucket

Photobucket

Other Pictures:
Rai brushing teeth with Aaron
Photobucket

No comments: