Sunday, May 10, 2009

First Mother's Day

With plans to go to the zoo today, I packed Rai's diaper bag last night and set my alarm to get ready before Rai woke up. Unfortunately, I miscalculated, and Rai woke up about 30 seconds before my alarm. We managed to get everyone ready and fed and left for the zoo late this morning. Rai and Aaron took a cat nap on the way, so both were a littel groggy by the time we arrived. I have to admit that Rai really watched the other children more than the animals, but we had a good time. The carousel ride was definitely the highlight, though! He grabbed onto me for dear life when we first got on, smiled when I put him on a stationary animal, and laughed hysterically when I put him on the moving gorilla!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This looks like a pose, but it was really just the beginning of a plea to Daddy to get off of this thing!

Photobucket
Wiggle, Wiggle, Wiggle

Photobucket

Photobucket
Finally! Lunch!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Tickle! Tickle! Tickle!

Photobucket
The zookeeper told us this gorilla just had cataract surgery and enjoys looking at children. Rai wasn't too thrilled to be so close, however. :-)

Photobucket
More wiggles

Photobucket
Funny faces right before a tamtrum :-)

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Tracy said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful day. He is such a cutie!

Waiting4OurAngel said...

So glad to see him home. Looks like ya had a lot of fun!