Friday, August 27, 2010

Missing Camera :-(

We are still here and doing well, but there may be a delay in posting pictures for a few days. Unfortunately, my camera disappeared at a recent event along with all of the pictures. I have a back-up camera that I'll use in the meantime, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed that whoever found it will at least return the memory card. *fingers crossed*

As for updates, Rai is doing well! He's talking non-stop, and I love every minute of it. My parents joke that I now know how they felt. Apparently, I wouldn't talk much in school but spoke non-stop everywhere else (and still do).

Rai is also developing a sense of humor. A few months back, if you laughed, he laughed. He had no idea why you were laughing, but he followed what everyone else was doing. Lately, he has realized that being silly is funny. If I say, "Where is Mommy's car?" he will point to a tree and start laughing. On the way home from preschool yesterday, I think he laughed the entire way home pointing to things and saying "Mommy's car!" He certainly has a sense of humor. :-)

Pictures at Home
It has been over a year since we came home, but I finally got all of the pictures Omma sent scanned as digital copies. I wanted to hang several of the larger pictures on low a wall with other pictures of family so Rai can see them better as he walks by. This morning, he said "Good morning, Omma! Good morning, Appa!" when he walked by the pictures. My next project is to get a large collage frame and put a baby picture, a hand-drawn picture of his birth mom/dad (Rai has done a few), pictures of Rai with Omma and Appa, pictures of Rai with Aaron and me, and a more recent picture of Rai. It a photo adoption story and a great way to talk about any part of the process.

Sea World!
Next weekend, we're going on vacation to San Antonio to visit family, friends, and Sea World. Rai is really excited and giving me names of things he wants to see. So far, he has told me: fish, sharks, and snakes. We were certainly see fish and sharks at Sea World, but I hadn't thought about snakes. There is a snake farm near San Antonio that I have wanted to see for a long time (but no one else wants to go). Since Rai seems excited, we'll go. Don't worry, it is safe. I think it is just a large zoo for just snakes.

That is all for now. I'll take new pictures with the back-up camera soon!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Snake farm is so fun and we'd love to that the day we spend together!! :0) Can't wait to see you guys!!