Friday, August 13, 2010

July/August Pictures

We finally found the camera battery charger, so I think this is all the pictures and videos I have been waiting to post!

18-hour Visitor
It has been way too hot here to do much outside. Rai wanted to go to the playground one weekend, so I told me we could go after his nap. I hadn't thought it through until I realized that "after nap" is the hottest time of the day. But I kept my promise. After 10 minutes at the playground, we decided that it was too hot and headed back home. On the way, Aaron heard a little "chirp" in a tube sticking out of the ground next to a tree. Apparently, a little baby bird had fallen inside and was stuck. Not knowing what to do, we went home, called a wildlife rescue organization, and received directions for safely removing the baby bird. To make a long story short, we ended up taking the bird home and watching it overnight until the bird rehabilitation organization opened in the morning. Although the bird wasn't injured, it wasn't in a safe location and the rehabilitation organization didn't think it could survive. Needless to say, it was a fun 18 hours, and we're keeping our fingers crossed that this little cowbird is doing well!
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
He (or she) apparently mistook me for a mommy bird after I got him (or her) out of the ground. Rai thought it was funny that he/she would hop onto my glove and fall asleep.
Tip: Did you know that baby birds eat every 30-45 minutes during daylight? We were told to soak cat or dog food in water until it became mush and hand feed him/her until he/she fell asleep or stopped chirping. so cute!


Shirt Hat

We noticed Rai growing out of his smaller clothes when he started having trouble pulling his shirts off around his head. Rather than see him frustrated, we started joking that his shirt looked like a hat. He has much bigger clothes now, but he still likes to keep his shirt on his head, look at himself in the mirror, and laugh. :-)
July/August 2010

Texas Weather Isn't So Hot ... If There's Water

July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010

Big Eater
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010

Chuck E Cheese (again)
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
Rai loves the racing game
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010
July/August 2010

Dancing, Dancing, Dancing
Rai dancing in the living room:
(And yes, Janet, this is the CD you gave me. Thank you! Rai loves the music, too!)
Rai dancing at the Korean grocery store (with a gradual a audience of people as they came in)


New Bed
July/August 2010
July/August 2010

Big Boy!
I got teary-eyed posting these pictures. I didn't realize how big Rai has gotten until I looked at these pictures I took this week. He's getting so big!
July/August 2010
July/August 2010

No comments: