Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Hello Kitty Cowgirl? Hmmm

A few months ago, I saw this fabric online and thought it would eventually make an adorable theme for a girl's room, especially for a Korean girl in Texas: Hello Kitty Cowgirl

Photobucket

The combination of Hello Kitty in red (not pink) with an almost-Texas theme just sounded too good to be true. (Aaron wasn't jumping up and down for it, but he didn't have any complaints.) Well, it was too good to be true. The fabric has been discontinued and is no where to be found. There is another pattern in blue, but it is fleece, which is a bit too warm for Texas and not useful for a quilt. I'll keep my eye out and my finger crossed that something like this comes up. Hancock Fabrics said they have a new Hello Kitty print coming out in April, so we will see. There is certainly plenty of time, but I'm looking forward to the quilt project with Aaron's mom. I learned quite a bit the last time around, and it's interesting to see how the coordinating fabrics work together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ummmm...Am I noticing a lot of talk of a girl for a reason???? Also, I see you've added a new timeline. What's up???? Details please.