Monday, March 8, 2010

One of a Kind

What do broccoli and bread crust have in common?
Rai likes them! We went to Abuelos (best Mexican food in Plano) while my family was in town this weekend. Rai has recently started talking non-stop and kept saying "Meh-can food! Meh-can food!" all the way there. He certainly loves the rice, quesadillas, and anything with chicken, so I ordered a combo plate with a side of broccoli. (They do have GREAT broccoli, and I wanted to be sure Rai had something healthy.) It turns out that Rai thinks Abuelos has great broccoli, too. In fact, I had to hurry and eat a few big pieces of broccoli before Rai realized there was more. He ate about 10 pieces and decided that was all the "Mexican food" he wanted. :-) And during lunch Sunday, Rai asked for a piece of bread and ate the crust first. Aaron just laughed and said he had never seen a child eat only the crust. He did eat the rest afterwards.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Busy Busy Mommy!
With April just around the corner, I took a moment this weekend to reflect how my life has changed in just under one year. Life has certainly changed at home with the morning rituals of a hyper toddler begging to eat breakfast at 6:30am, "Mommy and Rai Day Outs" to the zoo/museum/DART Rail Station/park/anything outside of the house, a resurgence of movie afternoons thanks to Rai's obsession with popcorn. It has certainly been an endless series of new experiences and adventures! But life at home isn't the only part of my life that has picked up in pace. Work, specifically my classes and research at UT-Dallas, has been more busy than I ever remembered. There are no complaints here, though. I love my work, and I am so fortunate to do what I love.

I often say that I'm looking forward to a less busy month, semester, year, etc., but as the Dalai Lama states:

"Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment."

Who am I kidding? I love this busy life and wouldn't have it any other way.

1 comment:

~ Katie ~ said...

Hello! My husband and I are about to start our Korean adoption process with Holt and it is so nice to see other Texans who have adopted/about to adopt from Korea also. I thought I would hop on over to your blog and introduce myself.