Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving Week

(Note: I really did start this before Thanksgiving.)

There is so much to be thankful for this year that it is hard to find a place to start this post.

I am thankful for our son whose smile makes my day and whose "umm, ummmm, ummmm" at Thanksgiving dinner is the best compliment a Mommy can ask for
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

I am thankful for a husband who has been a wonderful friend and has become a wonderful daddy
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


I am thankful for family and holidays which give us an excuse to come together
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


I am thankful for the memories of those who are no longer with us but have shaped our lives
Photobucket
My grandfather, Gordon Burnside, who was and still is my idol
Photobucket
Can you guess which one is me?
Photobucket
My Ojiichan (grandfather on my mother's side)
Photobucket
Photobucket
My Aunt Sandy who passed away one day before Rai was born. We were very close, and I would do anything to have just one more holiday with her. She would have loved Rai...
Photobucket
Photobucket


I am thankful for our furry family members who have adapted well to our newest addition and always make us laugh
Photobucket
Photobucket
Kobe and Hello Kitty have a history (see picture below...)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Kilakochan was my childhood cat who lived 14 years (long enough to see me off to college). She was the only cat I had ever seen who would walk down the street with my dog and me.
Photobucket
Yes, that's Lucy helping Aaron with the puzzle for Rai

I am thankful for friends old and new who go out to lunch on a whim, drop by the house just because, and send silly pictures taken decades ago when big hair and leggings were in
Photobucket
Photobucket


I am thankful for Rai's birthmother who gave Rai the gift of life and whose adoption plan brought him into our lives and for Rai's foster family who opened their hearts to Rai and us and have become an extended part of our family
Photobucket
Rai and his foster mother (Omma)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

I am thankful for a healthy family, food in our pantry, a roof over our heads, and the love in our hearts. I am thankful for the little things which make us smile and for the big things which change our lives forever.

Have a Happy Holidays!

No comments: