Sunday, September 20, 2009

Back from Pioneer Reunion & Best Birthday Present Ever!

Pioneer Reunion
We had such a great time this weekend!

On Thursday, we arrived in time for Rai to attend his first rodeo. I got Rai and Aaron to wear nearly matching shirts, and they stayed close together the entire time. :-) Rai seemed to enjoy wearing his boots that night, but they're still a bit too big.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


On Friday, Rai, Aaron, and Amy rode on the float with Patty (crowned Queen of the Clay County Pioneer Reunion) during the parade, and although they thought it was amusing to watch me run alongside the float, I got several great pictures! That afternoon, Rai played with his cousins Kelly & Kamryn and charmed family & friends who were in town to support Patty this weekend. That night, Rai was super busy bouncing between my lap and Grammalyn's lap at the rodeo until he decided to call it a day (fussy boy = leaving early).
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Giving kisses (Wow, look at those grey hairs!)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
All 3 great-grandkids worn their "MY Grand-Patty is the Queen!" shirts
Photobucket
Rai gave Grammalyn kisses, too

On Saturday, Rai watched the parade from the stroller (first moment of rest since Thursday) and surprised us all at lunch by eating brisket for the first time! After lunch, I got a few last minute pictures while Grammalyn kept up with Rai (who enjoyed the freedom to run around the courthouse lawn) before we left for Wichita Falls to visit Great-Grandma (who is having a birthday next week) and Great-Grandpa among other great-aunts/uncles.
Photobucket
Pictures on the float before the parade
Photobucket
After the parade
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Aaron and his dad finish a project at Great-Grandma and Great-Grandpa's house
Photobucket
Rai had a great time playing in the water, with chalk, and blowing bubbles with his great-aunts!

Best Birthday Present Ever!
Today, we made our way home and enjoyed a peaceful afternoon and evening to wind down the weekend. Aaron and I took turns playing with Rai who had much more energy after the long weekend than we did. During my break from uploading pictures and videos, Rai and I played for a bit. Rai has recently become fascinated with hair and reach around my head to pat my hair and say "mama." Up until now, "mama" has meant "hungry" (in Korean among children). We had worked all weekend to say "mommy," so I gave it one last try "Mommy!" I said. "MomME" Rai replied. Yay! I gave him big hugs and kisses and we practiced some more. I know this may be short lived, but it's the best birthday present I could ask for!

No comments: