Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Congrats to the Family of B07_97!

During the adoption process, Aaron and I reviewed three boys' files. Although we knew in our hearts that Rai was our son, we wanted to ensure that our decision was well-thought and considered. At the other boys' files were not just "medical reports" to us. We had seen their pictures from the start and became emotionally attached to all three from the moment we saw their pictures. So much information is included in the reports, such as known birth family information and circumstances for the adoption plan, that it becomes quite difficult to get these two boys out of our minds.

As Rai's adoption paperwork progressed, I often checked back on Holt's Waiting Child website in hopes that both boys' pictures would state "I have a family!" just as Rai's picture did that wonderful December afternoon. It wasn't until today, after reading a fellow mom's blog post about the child she followed that I decided to check both boys' status. My heart skipped a beat as I read "I have a family!" next to one boy's picture! Congratulations to the family who as been matched with this wonderful little boy! I can only hope that he is now home and in your arms!

Photobucket

Although the other boy is still waiting for his family, I know he will be matched with a wonderful family soon and cannot express my gratitude to his loving foster family for their continued love for this sweet boy.

No comments: