Monday, December 15, 2008

One small step but every little bit helps!

Homestudy Approval through Lutheran Social Services!
We finally got our packet from our local agency which stated that our HS was approved on 12/12/08 and sent to USCIS! YAY! We should get a phone call (or letter) from USCIS any day now to schedule our fingerprinting, so that they can approve our I-600A immigration paperwork. In the meantime, Holt should be reviewing the homestudy sometime this week and sending our official referral. YAY!!! The timeline on the right is finally moving along!

Holiday Gatherings
This past weekend was rough. Being sick among all of these social gathering is frustrating, but I'm pulling through! The lunch with my old roommates was so much fun. We have more video of everyone and called Katie to wish her a happy holidays!

Not too long after our lunch, we met up with my cousin, her 3-year old son, my aunt, and my parents. I haven't seen my cousin Melina is years, and it was so much fun to meet her son, Vance! My parents got a little taste of grandparenting, and I'm sure my mom's shoulders are worn out from holding Vance up to see the cats in their various hiding spots!

My stomach bug nearly got the best of me, but I managed to pull through until we could go to Heather's party. Seeing their babies' room (yes, twins) for the first time was such a treat. Now, I need to get started on Rai's room!

Christmas Cards!
I finished up the last of the Christmas cards on Saturday and realized we had 60 extra! Yes, 60! I didn't realize that Walmart had a promotional offer where they gave you 20 extra cards with so many, so we ended up with 60 free. *sigh* I think I've given nearly every family member, friend, co-worker, and a few neighbors a card. We even gave everyone on our co-ed soccer team a card. So, if you would like a card, send me an email with your address! Rai will look a little different next year, so they're not exactly easy to re-use. :-)

This morning, I sent the last of the Christmas cards to our list from the Holt Bulletin Board. Only a few hours later, I checked the mail and we had 5 more cards from families on the board. Our mantel is looking so festive, and it will be so much fun to show Rai the cards next year as they flood in! So many families who have been touched by the adoption process!

Well, I should get back to work. I promised myself I'd play a little piano for once in many years before I get back to researching. With less than 1 month before spring classes begin, time is running out on my to-do list! Before you know it, spring will be here and soon Rai will, too!

Happy Holidays!

No comments: